Frederich A. Walz

Male 1888 - 1918  (29 years)


Personal Information    |    Media    |    Sources    |    All    |    PDF

  • Name Frederich A. Walz  [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
    Born 05 Nov 1888  Neudorf, Odessa, Ukraine Find all individuals with events at this location  [1, 2, 3, 9, 10
    Gender Male 
    Arrival New York Find all individuals with events at this location  [10
    Arrival 1906  South Dakota, USA Find all individuals with events at this location  [1, 9
    Arrival 1906  [1
    Departure 21 Aug 1906  Hamburg, Deutschland Find all individuals with events at this location  [10
    Immigration 1907 
    Departure 16 Nov 1907  Hamburg, Germany Find all individuals with events at this location  [12
    other Hutchinson County Find all individuals with events at this location  [13
    Name Fred Walz  [14
    Residence Klikstal Find all individuals with events at this location  [10
    Marital Status: ledig 
    Residence 1910  Freeman Ward 3, Hutchinson, South Dakota Find all individuals with events at this location  [1, 13
    Residence 1910  Freeman Ward 3, Hutchinson, South Dakota Find all individuals with events at this location  [1
    Residence 1911  Hutchinson Find all individuals with events at this location  [3
    Residence Post Office: Freeman 
    Residence Abt 1915  South Dakota, United States Find all individuals with events at this location  [9
    Marital Status: Married 
    Died 19 Oct 1918  Freeman, Hutchinson, South Dakota, USA Find all individuals with events at this location  [2, 14
    Buried Freeman, Hutchinson, South Dakota, USA Find all individuals with events at this location  [6, 8
    Notes 
    • Fred Walz
      http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=image&guid=fae95cae-9373-4aca-aae9-8e2b05f67b19&tid=3944039&pid=-1534307079


      Neudorf - 1848 Village History (GRHS)

      Published by the Odessa Digital Library - 1 Jun 1996
      http://www.odessa3.org

      This document may be freely used for personal, nonprofit
      purposes or linked by other WWW sites. It may also be
      shared with others, provided the header with copyright
      notice is included. However, it may not be republished
      in any form without permission of the copyright owner.

      Copyright 1996, GRHS

      Notes: Please see the Introduction to the Village History
      Project for additional information.

      This particular Village History was published in the English form in
      Joseph S. Height's book "Homesteaders on the Steppe". There is much more
      data contained in this book concerning this area and our German Russian
      ancestors who lived there. As this file is placed on the Internet, the
      book is still available from the GRHS (copyright holder).

      NEUDORF

      The colony was founded in 1809, and 100 houses were constructed of stamped
      earth. The settlement is located in the Karamanova valley which begins two
      versts north of the colony of Bergdorf and runs into the Dniester valley near
      the village of Grigoriopol about 15 versts to the west. The distance to
      Tiraspol is 45 versts and 250 versts to Kherson.

      The colony owns 5,810 dessiatines of land, consisting of hills, mounds,
      valleys, and a few level tracts. To the east it borders on the estate
      Parkanovka, to the south lie Thomanov and Shippki. On the west lies the colony
      of Glueckstal and to the north Rehmanovka and Bergdorf.

      The properties of the soil are: one half, lying east, has black humus which is
      very productive and capable of withstanding much heat, so that even in the
      driest years it bears some grain and fodder; the other half, lying south, west
      and north also has black humus but heavily mixed with sand. The crops here are
      good when there are frequent rains, but in times of drought all plants dry up.
      The crops that thrive best are winter rye, winter wheat, lentils, barley,
      maize, and potatoes. Other grains and vegetables are less productive, and flax
      does poorly.

      At the time of settlement there were about 500 dessiatines of wooded valleys,
      consisting of oak, ash, linden, apple and pear trees, some alder and other
      kinds. but they were merely shrubs and bushes.

      The colony has no stone quarries, but must obtain its supply near the
      Dniester, about 10 to 12 versts away. Most of the original houses of stamped
      earth have been replaced by larger stone buildings, and 64 additional
      dwellings have been built. Stone walls have been built on the street side, and
      avenues of trees planted.

      2. The Naming of the Colony

      While the site for the colony was being surveyed, Councilor Rosenkampf
      commented on the beautiful setting and asked the colonists who had gathered
      around him to suggest a name for the new settlement. When someone indicated
      the name Neustadt, the Councilor replied: "We are not going to build a city,
      but only a village. It shall be called Neudorf." And that settled it.

      3. Number and origin of the pioneer settlers

      There were originally 100 families (259 males and 231 females). Twenty-eight
      families came from Wuerttemberg, 37 from Alsace, 7 from the Palatinate
      (Pfalz), 11 from Baden, 2 from Saxony, 3 from Prussia, 11 from Hungary, and 1
      from Warsaw. In 1814 eight more families came from Prussia and in 1815 3
      families arrived from Galicia. The colony has increased to 208 families (657
      males and 589 females), not counting the families who moved to Grusinia and
      Bessarabia.

      4. Leaders of the immigrant parties

      The settlers immigrated in 1808 and 1809 in smaller or larger groups, without
      leaders. Those who came in 1808 were billeted with the colonists of the
      Liebental district until the spring of 1809. All had immigrated at the request
      of His Majesty Czar Alexander I, in response to the promised privileges (refer
      to the details in the section under Glueckstal).

      5. The Locality at the time of Settlement

      When the colonists arrived there were 3 isolated farms (khutors), three wells,
      and one dessiatine of vineyards on the steppe. The vineyard showed that it
      would be possible and profitable for the settlers to engage in viniculture,
      and they soon did so.

      6. Support and independent means

      The settlers received the following sums from the Imperial Crown:
      For subsistence 51,580 rubles
      For settlement 36,484 rubles
      For seed 3,360 rubles
      Total 91,424 rubles

      From their homeland the colonists brought with them funds amounting only to
      500 rubles, for most of them were poor day laborers and craftsmen.

      7. Events and conditions that were unfavorable

      Since there were many among the early settlers who were not farmers but
      craftsmen and villagers unfamiliar with agriculture, it was no wonder that
      only a few could adapt themselves to the new conditions. A large number became
      discouraged because of mistakes, prejudices, sickness, and poverty, and longed
      to return to the fatherland. Only after a period of experience, poverty, and
      misery, did they finally learn to accept their fate.

      If we examine the school situation we find that a schoolmaster with mediocre
      knowledge had been engaged, but school attendance was very irregular until
      1819, when the new chief mayor Stephan Weiss took office. Because of the
      absence of a preacher, the mayor instituted an annual final examination, after
      which diligent students were given awards, and the schoolmaster and parents
      encouraged this, so that school attendance became more regular.

      Still fresh in our memory are the years when we suffered losses because of
      epidemics: in 1831, 1834 and 1844 through smallpox; in 1837 and 1843 many
      children died of measles; and in 1846 both young and old succumbed to a neural
      fever. In 1831 12 died of cholera.

      From 1823 to 1827 locusts caused considerable damage to the gram fields and
      meadows. In 1829 a hailstorm passed through the colony destroying all crops in
      an area 5 versts by 2 versts. Neither fruit nor foliage was left on the vines
      and the trees; indeed a large portion of the trees were so damaged that they
      withered away. On the north side of the houses all the windows were smashed.

      The years 1833 and 1834 were oppressive, for not even seed grain was harvested
      and the Welfare Committee found it necessary to advance seed and subsistence
      money to the impoverished people. The livestock disease of 1828 destroyed
      1,400 head of cattle and in 1844 a similar disease killed 400. In 1845 and
      1846, 916 sheep were destroyed. The year 1843 was notable for the fact that so
      many field mice appeared that the colonists caught and killed 10,120 of them
      within four months.

      Fail crops, where only the seed was harvested, occurred in 1813, 1814,1822,
      1823,1832, and 1835. In 1841 and 1845 only double the seed was harvested. The
      productive years were 1816,1818,1837 and 1838. In general, the early years
      were more bountiful. This is probably due to the fact that the steppe was
      still virgin soil and was not plowed as frequently as is now made necessary by
      the increased population. The year 1847 is unforgettable. Such a great drought
      prevailed all summer that the livestock lacked fodder and suffered want all
      through the winter, so that 675 head perished of malnutrition, despite the
      fact that the colonists had spent at least 3,000 silver rubles for feed. In
      1848 such a severe frost fell on the night of April 25, that all the fruit
      trees and vines were damaged, and the colonists suffered a loss of 3,000 to
      4,000 rubles.

      8. Favorable conditions

      Through the presence of good preachers who insisted on better schoolmasters
      and regular school attendance, the instruction of the young people has been
      significantly improved. Through the preaching of the divine word many
      disorders have been corrected, the moral and religious character of the
      colonists enhanced.

      In 1814 a schoolhouse was built by the community, and two bells purchased. But
      soon the building became too small to accommodate the churchgoers, and the
      settlers, encouraged by their mayor Michael Bollinger, decided to build a
      church. The foundation stone was laid in 1825 and the building constructed at
      a cost of 15,000 rubles, most of which was raised by the colonists themselves,
      but the Welfare Committee also contributed 1,377 rubles. The church was
      consecrated in 1830 and a new bell purchased. Soon the need of a larger school
      was felt, but the means were lacking until, in 1840, the newly elected mayor
      Johann Schauer decided that the needed capital could be obtained from
      community crops. In two years, enough money was raised, so that a new school
      could be built in 1842. His Excellency Councilor von Hahn donated 300 rubles
      to the project, and the old school was remodeled to house the schoolmaster.

      Through the use of an additional sum of 300 silver rubles obtained from
      communal crops, mayor Schauer also succeeded, in 1847, in embellishing the
      interior of the church. This year the churchyard is to be surrounded by a
      stone wall, and avenues of trees are to be planted. In fact the community is
      indebted to him for the construction and embellishment of most of the
      community buildings. The communal grain storage depot, built in 1837, has been
      most useful in aiding the poor people of the village.

      The most productive enterprise for the settlers has been the raising of
      livestock and the growing of grapes. In the frequent years of crop failure
      these have provided a good income. The fruit trees have been less productive,
      for they generally survive only 15-20 years, since they are often damaged by
      various insects. In general, these trees are planted in order to beautify the
      colony and to satisfy the wishes of the colonial authorities.

      A useful provision for the settlers is the common decision that any man
      suffering a loss from a fire is compensated by the collective contribution of
      the settlers, each being assessed according to his means. Similarly, whenever
      a villager breaks a leg or suffers some other physical injury, every family
      pays its share for the cost of the doctor's services.

      Finally, a good deal of the welfare of the colonists is attributed to the fact
      that the colony has had good, honest officials and overseers who have sought
      to achieve order, harmony, and industry for the good of the colony.

      Neudorf, May 5, 1848
      Mayor: Schauer.
      Aldermen: Job; Kercher
      Village clerk: Stroh
      Church schoolmaster: D. Mehlhaf (author)

      Scanned by Dale Lee Wahl
      Coordinated with GRHS Village Research Clearing House
      Coordinated with AHSGR/GRHS Translation Committee Chairman
    • Fred Walz
      http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=image&guid=fae95cae-9373-4aca-aae9-8e2b05f67b19&tid=3944039&pid=-1534307079


      Neudorf - 1848 Village History (GRHS)

      Published by the Odessa Digital Library - 1 Jun 1996
      http://www.odessa3.org

      This document may be freely used for personal, nonprofit
      purposes or linked by other WWW sites. It may also be
      shared with others, provided the header with copyright
      notice is included. However, it may not be republished
      in any form without permission of the copyright owner.

      Copyright 1996, GRHS

      Notes: Please see the Introduction to the Village History
      Project for additional information.

      This particular Village History was published in the English form in
      Joseph S. Height's book "Homesteaders on the Steppe". There is much more
      data contained in this book concerning this area and our German Russian
      ancestors who lived there. As this file is placed on the Internet, the
      book is still available from the GRHS (copyright holder).

      NEUDORF

      The colony was founded in 1809, and 100 houses were constructed of stamped
      earth. The settlement is located in the Karamanova valley which begins two
      versts north of the colony of Bergdorf and runs into the Dniester valley near
      the village of Grigoriopol about 15 versts to the west. The distance to
      Tiraspol is 45 versts and 250 versts to Kherson.

      The colony owns 5,810 dessiatines of land, consisting of hills, mounds,
      valleys, and a few level tracts. To the east it borders on the estate
      Parkanovka, to the south lie Thomanov and Shippki. On the west lies the colony
      of Glueckstal and to the north Rehmanovka and Bergdorf.

      The properties of the soil are: one half, lying east, has black humus which is
      very productive and capable of withstanding much heat, so that even in the
      driest years it bears some grain and fodder; the other half, lying south, west
      and north also has black humus but heavily mixed with sand. The crops here are
      good when there are frequent rains, but in times of drought all plants dry up.
      The crops that thrive best are winter rye, winter wheat, lentils, barley,
      maize, and potatoes. Other grains and vegetables are less productive, and flax
      does poorly.

      At the time of settlement there were about 500 dessiatines of wooded valleys,
      consisting of oak, ash, linden, apple and pear trees, some alder and other
      kinds. but they were merely shrubs and bushes.

      The colony has no stone quarries, but must obtain its supply near the
      Dniester, about 10 to 12 versts away. Most of the original houses of stamped
      earth have been replaced by larger stone buildings, and 64 additional
      dwellings have been built. Stone walls have been built on the street side, and
      avenues of trees planted.

      2. The Naming of the Colony

      While the site for the colony was being surveyed, Councilor Rosenkampf
      commented on the beautiful setting and asked the colonists who had gathered
      around him to suggest a name for the new settlement. When someone indicated
      the name Neustadt, the Councilor replied: "We are not going to build a city,
      but only a village. It shall be called Neudorf." And that settled it.

      3. Number and origin of the pioneer settlers

      There were originally 100 families (259 males and 231 females). Twenty-eight
      families came from Wuerttemberg, 37 from Alsace, 7 from the Palatinate
      (Pfalz), 11 from Baden, 2 from Saxony, 3 from Prussia, 11 from Hungary, and 1
      from Warsaw. In 1814 eight more families came from Prussia and in 1815 3
      families arrived from Galicia. The colony has increased to 208 families (657
      males and 589 females), not counting the families who moved to Grusinia and
      Bessarabia.

      4. Leaders of the immigrant parties

      The settlers immigrated in 1808 and 1809 in smaller or larger groups, without
      leaders. Those who came in 1808 were billeted with the colonists of the
      Liebental district until the spring of 1809. All had immigrated at the request
      of His Majesty Czar Alexander I, in response to the promised privileges (refer
      to the details in the section under Glueckstal).

      5. The Locality at the time of Settlement

      When the colonists arrived there were 3 isolated farms (khutors), three wells,
      and one dessiatine of vineyards on the steppe. The vineyard showed that it
      would be possible and profitable for the settlers to engage in viniculture,
      and they soon did so.

      6. Support and independent means

      The settlers received the following sums from the Imperial Crown:
      For subsistence 51,580 rubles
      For settlement 36,484 rubles
      For seed 3,360 rubles
      Total 91,424 rubles

      From their homeland the colonists brought with them funds amounting only to
      500 rubles, for most of them were poor day laborers and craftsmen.

      7. Events and conditions that were unfavorable

      Since there were many among the early settlers who were not farmers but
      craftsmen and villagers unfamiliar with agriculture, it was no wonder that
      only a few could adapt themselves to the new conditions. A large number became
      discouraged because of mistakes, prejudices, sickness, and poverty, and longed
      to return to the fatherland. Only after a period of experience, poverty, and
      misery, did they finally learn to accept their fate.

      If we examine the school situation we find that a schoolmaster with mediocre
      knowledge had been engaged, but school attendance was very irregular until
      1819, when the new chief mayor Stephan Weiss took office. Because of the
      absence of a preacher, the mayor instituted an annual final examination, after
      which diligent students were given awards, and the schoolmaster and parents
      encouraged this, so that school attendance became more regular.

      Still fresh in our memory are the years when we suffered losses because of
      epidemics: in 1831, 1834 and 1844 through smallpox; in 1837 and 1843 many
      children died of measles; and in 1846 both young and old succumbed to a neural
      fever. In 1831 12 died of cholera.

      From 1823 to 1827 locusts caused considerable damage to the gram fields and
      meadows. In 1829 a hailstorm passed through the colony destroying all crops in
      an area 5 versts by 2 versts. Neither fruit nor foliage was left on the vines
      and the trees; indeed a large portion of the trees were so damaged that they
      withered away. On the north side of the houses all the windows were smashed.

      The years 1833 and 1834 were oppressive, for not even seed grain was harvested
      and the Welfare Committee found it necessary to advance seed and subsistence
      money to the impoverished people. The livestock disease of 1828 destroyed
      1,400 head of cattle and in 1844 a similar disease killed 400. In 1845 and
      1846, 916 sheep were destroyed. The year 1843 was notable for the fact that so
      many field mice appeared that the colonists caught and killed 10,120 of them
      within four months.

      Fail crops, where only the seed was harvested, occurred in 1813, 1814,1822,
      1823,1832, and 1835. In 1841 and 1845 only double the seed was harvested. The
      productive years were 1816,1818,1837 and 1838. In general, the early years
      were more bountiful. This is probably due to the fact that the steppe was
      still virgin soil and was not plowed as frequently as is now made necessary by
      the increased population. The year 1847 is unforgettable. Such a great drought
      prevailed all summer that the livestock lacked fodder and suffered want all
      through the winter, so that 675 head perished of malnutrition, despite the
      fact that the colonists had spent at least 3,000 silver rubles for feed. In
      1848 such a severe frost fell on the night of April 25, that all the fruit
      trees and vines were damaged, and the colonists suffered a loss of 3,000 to
      4,000 rubles.

      8. Favorable conditions

      Through the presence of good preachers who insisted on better schoolmasters
      and regular school attendance, the instruction of the young people has been
      significantly improved. Through the preaching of the divine word many
      disorders have been corrected, the moral and religious character of the
      colonists enhanced.

      In 1814 a schoolhouse was built by the community, and two bells purchased. But
      soon the building became too small to accommodate the churchgoers, and the
      settlers, encouraged by their mayor Michael Bollinger, decided to build a
      church. The foundation stone was laid in 1825 and the building constructed at
      a cost of 15,000 rubles, most of which was raised by the colonists themselves,
      but the Welfare Committee also contributed 1,377 rubles. The church was
      consecrated in 1830 and a new bell purchased. Soon the need of a larger school
      was felt, but the means were lacking until, in 1840, the newly elected mayor
      Johann Schauer decided that the needed capital could be obtained from
      community crops. In two years, enough money was raised, so that a new school
      could be built in 1842. His Excellency Councilor von Hahn donated 300 rubles
      to the project, and the old school was remodeled to house the schoolmaster.

      Through the use of an additional sum of 300 silver rubles obtained from
      communal crops, mayor Schauer also succeeded, in 1847, in embellishing the
      interior of the church. This year the churchyard is to be surrounded by a
      stone wall, and avenues of trees are to be planted. In fact the community is
      indebted to him for the construction and embellishment of most of the
      community buildings. The communal grain storage depot, built in 1837, has been
      most useful in aiding the poor people of the village.

      The most productive enterprise for the settlers has been the raising of
      livestock and the growing of grapes. In the frequent years of crop failure
      these have provided a good income. The fruit trees have been less productive,
      for they generally survive only 15-20 years, since they are often damaged by
      various insects. In general, these trees are planted in order to beautify the
      colony and to satisfy the wishes of the colonial authorities.

      A useful provision for the settlers is the common decision that any man
      suffering a loss from a fire is compensated by the collective contribution of
      the settlers, each being assessed according to his means. Similarly, whenever
      a villager breaks a leg or suffers some other physical injury, every family
      pays its share for the cost of the doctor's services.

      Finally, a good deal of the welfare of the colonists is attributed to the fact
      that the colony has had good, honest officials and overseers who have sought
      to achieve order, harmony, and industry for the good of the colony.

      Neudorf, May 5, 1848
      Mayor: Schauer.
      Aldermen: Job; Kercher
      Village clerk: Stroh
      Church schoolmaster: D. Mehlhaf (author)

      Scanned by Dale Lee Wahl
      Coordinated with GRHS Village Research Clearing House
      Coordinated with AHSGR/GRHS Translation Committee Chairman
    Person ID P197  Rathkamp
    Last Modified 22 Jun 2020 

    Father Eduard P. Walz,   b. Jan 1858, Neudorf, Odessa, Ukraine Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 03 Oct 1928, Yale, Beadle, South Dakota, USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 70 years) 
    Relationship natural 
    Mother Amalia Damman,   b. 10 Dec 1868, Russia Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 30 Jun 1940, Yale, Beadle, South Dakota, USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 71 years) 
    Relationship unknown 
    Married 02 May 1885  Nicolajew, Russia Find all individuals with events at this location  [9, 15, 16
    Family ID F21  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

    Family Sophia Bischky,   b. 22 Mar 1890, Nesselrode, Gluckstal, Ukraine Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 05 Mar 1929, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 38 years) 
    Married 28 Apr 1911  Hutchinson, South Dakota, USA Find all individuals with events at this location  [9, 17
    Children 
     1. Fredrick Andrew Walz,   b. 14 Feb 1912, Freeman, Hutchinson, South Dakota, USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 24 May 1980, Lee, Florida, United States Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 68 years)  [natural]
     2. Emma Nathalia Walz,   b. 02 May 1913, Freeman, SD Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 27 Aug 2002, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 89 years)  [natural]
     3. Bertha Amalia Walz,   b. 08 Sep 1914, Freeman, Hutchinson, South Dakota, USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 04 May 2001, Hartford, Washington, Wisconsin, USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 86 years)  [natural]
     4. Andrew Herald Walz,   b. 23 Jul 1916, Freeman, Hutchinson, South Dakota, USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 26 Oct 1998, Hernando, Florida, United States Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 82 years)  [natural]
     5. Viola Vera Walz,   b. 3 July 1918, South Dakota Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 9 February 2013, Jacksonville, Florida Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 94 years)  [natural]
    Last Modified 22 Jun 2020 
    Family ID F20  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

  • Photos
    image
    image
    image
    image

  • Sources 
    1. [S156071571] 1910 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations Inc), Database online. Freeman Ward 3, Hutchinson, South Dakota, ED , roll T624_1482, part , page .
      Record for Fredrick Walz

    2. [S-1441901498] Public Member Trees, Ancestry.com, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006.Original data - Family trees submitted by Ancestry members.Original data: Family trees submitted by Ancestry members.).
      http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=0&pid=-1534307079

    3. [S156071576] South Dakota, Marriages, 1905-2013, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations Inc), Database online.
      Record for Friedrich Walz

    4. .

    5. [S-919892362] U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).

    6. [S189375011] Web: South Dakota, Cemetery Index, 1831-2008, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).
      http://apps.sd.gov/applications/DT58Cemetery/Default.aspx

    7. [S188997328] Beta: Newspapers.com Obituary Index, 1940-1955, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations Inc), Reno Gazette-Journal; Publication Date: 1/ Nov/ 1998; Publication Place: Reno, Nevada, United States of America; URL: https://www.newspapers.com/image/153112455/?article=c0329da7-4c3c-4b37-8676-e49d46fa5418&focus=0.011302635,0.6306346,0.17804204,0.8760427&.

    8. [S-921351006] U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).

    9. [S-920582380] South Dakota, State Census, 1915, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).

    10. [S156071575] Hamburg Passenger Lists, 1850-1934, Staatsarchiv Hamburg, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), Staatsarchiv Hamburg; Hamburg, Deutschland; Hamburger Passagierlisten; Volume: 373-7 I, VIII A 1 Band 181; Page: 1948; Microfilm No.: K_1796.

    11. [S-1266415086] South Dakota Births, 1856-1903, Ancestry.com, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2003.Original data - South Dakota Department of Health. South Dakota Birth Records With Birth Dates Over 100 Years. South Dakota Department of Health.Original data: South Dakota Department o), South Dakota Department of Health; Pierre, South Dakota; South Dakota, Birth Index, 1856-1917.

    12. [S156071575] Hamburg Passenger Lists, 1850-1934, Staatsarchiv Hamburg, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), Database online.
      Record for Friedrich Walz

    13. [S-1279260537] U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations Inc), Database online. Registration Location: Hutchinson County, South Dakota; Roll: 1877794; Draft Board: 0.
      Record for Fred A Walz

    14. [S156071574] South Dakota, Death Index, 1879-1955, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), Database online.
      Record for Fred Walz

    15. [S158348173] Russia, Select Marriages, 1793-1919, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).

    16. [S-920539859] South Dakota, State Census, 1925, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).

    17. [S-1266370669] South Dakota Marriages, 1905-1949, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations Inc), South Dakota Department of Health; Pierre, South Dakota; South Dakota Marriage Records, 1905-2016.